Monday, October 4, 2010

Creations from the farm...

Something new we tried this year at Honeyrun Farm: Hot Pepper Ristras! Very easy to make if you have the time and patience. I am not going to attempt to provide directions here, but feel free to email me if you want to know how I did it. These can be hung in your kitchen to allow the peppers to dry - ready for use all winter long.Pictured below are Joe's Long Cayenne peppers. These dry best of all 10 varieties of peppers I grew this year.
There is still time to harvest more peppers before the final frost here in Ohio. Send me a message if you want us to bring any to the farmer's market. We'll be at the North Market Oct. 16th, 23rd, and 30th.

2 comments:

  1. Please bring peppers if you have some left. I'll bring my empty Honeyrun bottles.

    North Market Fan...Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are GORGEOUS! I would love one of the multi-colored pepper ones.

    Jenn from the GG

    ReplyDelete